The Rival Friction Reduction Tool (Rival FRT) is a downhole friction reduction technology that, when paired with a Shock Tool, creates an axial oscillation along the drill string to increase steering efficiency, rates of penetration, and practical reach in drilling and completion operations. Rival has two different Hertz rate tools, the FRT and FRT HF, to ensure every application and MWD signal rate is considered.
Available in High Frequency & Low-Frequency Configurations
- Two tools allow for maximum performance by application
- Both tools operate with a power section driving a valve actuating a shock tool
- Both optimized to reduce downhole friction via axial oscillations generated by a pressure pulse
- Both tools handle high flow & available with premium connections
- Hertz range of 17-20
- Valve below power section
- Uses industry-standard eccentric plate motion
- Hertz range of 9-12
- Valve above power section
- Uses flex shaft to centralize plate motion
|Tool Size (OD)||5 1/8″ FRT||5 1/8″ FRT HF||7 1/8″ FRT||7 1/8″ FRT HF|
|Weight||525 lbs||460 lbs||1,200 lbs||860 lbs|
|Max Flow Rate||350 gpm||350 gpm||700 gpm||700 gpm|
|Operating Frequency||8 Hz@300gpm||15 Hz@300gpm||10 Hz@600gpm||17 Hz@600gpm|
|Operating Average Pressure||500-600 psi||500-600 psi||500-625 psi||500-625 psi|
|Max Pull (pooh 90%)||660,000 lbs||515,000 lbs||1,350,000 lbs||1,350,000 lbs|
|Max Pull (rerun 65%)||475,000 lbs||370,000 lbs||1,000,000 lbs||1,000,000 lbs|
Rival FRT Value and Benefits:
- Improves sliding ability and tool face control for steering operations.
- More efficient weight transfer to bit reduces stick-slip and increases ROP.
- Reduces drill pipe buckling.
- Use two Rival FRT’s in a tandem application for extended reach wells.
- The Rival FRT can be run in oil-based mud and hot hole, high-temperature applications