The JOLT Tool™ is a downhole friction reduction technology that creates an axial oscillation along the drill string to increase steering efficiency, practical reach, and rate of penetration. The JOLT Tool has a high-frequency pulse signature creates maximum drill-string excitation while also being the most MWD-friendly.
The JOLT FX adds optional downhole flow activation creating the industry’s first and only on-demand high-frequency friction reduction tool.
- Tools operates via a high-speed power section driving a valve actuating a shock tool
- Hertz range of 17-21
- Optimized to reduce downhole friction via axial oscillations generated by a pressure pulse
- Optimized for higher flow rates
- Designed with larger ODs for premium connections
- Dedicated 6.5” tool available for 7 7/8” hole
New JOLT FX:
- The JOLT FX is the only on-demand friction reduction tool with 1/2 power section configuration.
- The JOLT FX ships in the off-position and is activated downhole.
- To activate, briefly raise flow rate to pre-determined target on or off-bottom.
- Instantaneous Activation. No ball or dart needed.
- Two JOLT FX tools can be run in tandem with the same or different flow activation targets.
|Tool Size (OD)||5 1/8″ JOLT||6 1/2″ JOLT||7 1/8″ JOLT|
|Weight||460 lbs||800 lbs||860 lbs|
|Max Flow Rate||350 gpm||700 gpm||700 gpm|
|Operating Frequency||15 Hz@300gpm||15 Hz@300gpm||17 Hz@600gpm|
|Operating Average Pressure||500-600 psi||500-625 psi||500-625 psi|
|Max Pull (pooh 90%)||515,000 lbs||900,000 lbs||1,350,000 lbs|
|Max Pull (rerun 65%)||370,000 lbs||650,000 lbs||1,000,000 lbs|
|Connections||3-1/2″ IF & Premium Connections||4-1/2″ IF||4-1/2″ IF & Premium Connections|